It wasn’t pretty but it got done. Here’s a mini-recap of it all;
- Our two stars go a collective 13 of 43 from the field. That’s a 30.2% FG percentage. We still won the game despite Melo and STAT having off nights. THAT’S IMPRESSIVE.
- Tyson Chandler’s ‘Welcome To NY’ performance. 20 points 13 rebounds 3 blocks. I don’t expect this from him every night but he was great on both sides of the floor. Without question one of the main reasons we won the game.
- Iman Shumpert. I’m slowly beginning to believe *knock on wood* that Shumpert is becoming the Knicks version of Rondo with a lot better offense. Concerned about his knee though. Lot of cramping happening apparently.
- Whatever we did great for the first three quarters we strayed away from in the 4th. End result; Knicks blowing an 11 point lead and having to go to the wire with the Bobcats. The Charlotte F’N Bobcats. And the defense on the last shot by Augustin? NO reason one of their better shooters should have gotten THAT open of a look.
- Boris Diaw. 19 points 10 rebounds 7 assists. To quote Ice Cube, Diaw almost “fucked around and got a triple double”. Knicks have no way to stop him. That’s partly because Amar’e has been overly lazy on defense. But no one will have the balls to say it.
Next game; Wednesday January 11th, 2012 vs the Philadelphia 76ers at MSG.
Oh and dunk of the night in the NBA;