As the Knicks have done of late a well played game up until 2 minutes left in the third quarter onwards. Then of course we turn in into a nail biter. Here are the points from yesterday’s game.
- HUGE win for the psyche. Ripped off 4 straight wins including this one where they beat the #1 ranked team according to John Hollinger. And they didn’t just beat them. Their defense put Philadelphia in all types of fits last night. Props to Mike D’Antoni for finally pushing this agenda across toe the players and even bigger props for the players to buy into it.
Which brings me to my next point……..
- Iman Shumpert. Nothing short of a God send for this team. He reminds me a lot of Rondo in how he can get to the basket consistently with ease and playing ballhawking harassing defense. Credit this guy for making key plays throughout the 4th quarter when it mattered most.
- The Big 3. Arguably the best game all 3 parties have played together. Chandler with 13 rebounds, STAT with 10 and Melo with 9. 32 between those 3 is piv0itol. Also, Melo attacked the glass great yesterday creating second chance baskets. Looks like Tyson’s work ethic is rubbing off on him.
- As for Amar’e. Beginning to get back into his Alpha Male mindset which we all appreciate. Whether it’s the knee or the extra “muscle” he packed on during that prolonged break, STAT lacks the killer explosiveness when driving to the basket. What would’ve been an easy dunk or layup last year is a contested shot this year simply cause he cannot shuffle quick enough. It’s not too concerning though. He should have it worked out within the coming weeks.
- Bench play tonight. Josh Harrellson. David Lee who? Giving us quality minutes and play off the bench. As for Bill Walker, slowly finding his legs again which is a good sign. Need to get him flowing and active so he’s ready to give us 10 to 15 minutes every night.
Next game; Thursday January 12, 2012 @ Memphis at 8 PM.